It is a great game for adults and kids, and you may even find your reluctant teen is keen to get involved. Playing two truths and a lie, allows you to get to know people better while learning something amusing about them.
How To Play Two Truths and a Lie
The game’s concept is simple, making it ideal for small or large groups. Each member of the group has to introduce themselves and make three statements about themselves.
- I am 13 years old
- I like eating pizza
- I enjoy watching home renovation shows
Two of the statements should be truths, while the other one should be a lie. The rest of the group has to guess which statement is a lie. The challenge is trying to guess everyone else’s lie while convincing them of yours.
You can also write down the statements using our free printable.
Tips and Strategies:
- Keep your two truths and one lie simple and believable
- Change up the order of your truths and lies
- Try to make your truths surprising or something people wouldn’t expect from you
- Make all of your statements confidently
- Play it cool, and don’t let your body language give you away
- To spice things up, each group member can ask one question that is not directly related to the three statements as they try to discover the lie.
- Allow the group to ask as many questions as they like, but each question counts as a point. At the end of the game, the person who has been asked the most questions (and has the most points) before the group identifies the lie is the winner.
- Give each round a specific topic, such as family, food, sports, accomplishments, or likes and dislikes.
133 Two Truths and a Lie Ideas
1. My favorite animal is a cat.
2. I love spicy food.
3. I can play the drums.
4. I have never watched Harry Potter.
5. My favorite color is green.
6. Pickles are my favorite food.
7. I love to exercise.
8. I used training wheels until I was 10.
9. I only eat the egg yolk.
10. When I was younger, I wanted to be a librarian.
11. My favorite country is Scotland.
12. I have the same name as my great-grandmother.
13. I have never eaten sushi.
14. I hate swimming in the ocean.
15. I’ve always wanted to try pottery.
16. If I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be toast.
17. My dad doesn’t like baseball.
18. My first pet was a goldfish.
19. I still like to build Lego.
20. I broke my pinky finger when I was 5.
21. I am terrified of bats.
22. I have never had a filling in my teeth.
23. I’m allergic to pineapple.
24. I don’t like chocolate.
25. I only eat carrots raw.
26. I want to learn how to knit.
27. I don’t like Disneyland.
28. I only wash my face in cold water.
29. My favorite artist is Taylor Swift.
30. I only eat red Skittles.
31. I love getting out of bed in the morning.
32. I am good at playing chess.
33. I love the smell of the rain.
34. I hate the smell of popcorn.
35. I want to compete in a triathlon.
36. I think kale is delicious.
37. I always read the last page of a book first.
38. If I could be any animal, I would be a bird.
39. I want to take hip-hop dance lessons.
40. I love my mom more than my dad.
41. Eating fried ice cream is on my bucket list.
42. I have always wanted a pet snake.
43. My parents waited a week after I was born before naming me.
44. I always wished I was a twin.
45. My mom makes the worst meatballs.
46. I dressed up as an orange for Halloween.
47. My grandfather worked at NASA.
48. I love meeting new people.
49. My cousin is a professional snowboarder.
50. I can write with my left hand and my right hand.
51. I am obsessed with Minecraft.
52. I have never been ice-skating.
53. I was born at home and not in a hospital.
54. I collect Disney memorabilia.
55. I only drink almond and oat milk.
56. Aladdin is my favorite Disney movie.
57. I won a pie-eating contest.
58. I have never watched a Marvel movie.
59. I am lactose intolerant.
60. I prefer potato chips to corn chips.
61. I have always wanted to dye my hair green.
62. I always sing in the shower.
63. I get motion sickness when I’m in the car.
64. I don’t put sugar in my tea.
65. I hate wearing socks.
66. I have never eaten asparagus.
67. I am a rollercoaster junkie.
68. My sister has one green eye and one blue eye.
69. I shaved one of my eyebrows off when I was 6.
70. I have a heart-shaped birthmark under my arm.
71. I will only write with a blue pen.
72. I wear contact lenses.
73. I can speak three languages.
74. I have never had stitches.
75. I have a pet rabbit named Snickers.
76. I have never played this game before.
77. Chocolate chip cookies are my favorite.
78. My mom makes her own jam.
79. I eat a bowl of cereal every day.
80. Math is my favorite subject.
81. I have never been camping.
82. I like eating cold pizza for breakfast.
83. My dad grows award-winning roses.
84. I wear size six shoes.
85. My best friend’s name is Sean.
86. I have had my tonsils out.
87. I still sleep with a special toy.
88. I have never been on TikTok.
89. I ate playdough once.
90. I can say the alphabet backward.
91. I can’t whistle.
92. I got lost in a department store when I was 3.
93. I swallowed a fly once.
94. I have never been horse riding.
95. I draw manga stories.
96. My first word was ‘dog.’
97. I have never had a McFlurry.
98. I used to suck my thumb.
99. I don’t like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
100. Feather pillows make me sneeze.
101. I read two books at a time.
102. I always dreamed of being an Olympic swimmer.
103. I would like to live on a farm.
104. My lucky number is 9.
105. My sister and I shaved our heads when we were 10.
106. I am a straight-A student.
107. I have never watched Toy Story.
108. I am allergic to band-aids.
109. I won a contest for a free trip to Hawaii.
110. I play tennis every Sunday.
111. I am taking an online cooking course.
112. I don’t know how to cook.
113. I love buying stationery.
114. I only have two friends.
115. I learned to read when I was 4.
116. I am the youngest child in my family.
117. I am afraid of the dark.
118. I cry when I go to the zoo.
119. My parents don’t let us watch TV.
120. I am the teacher’s pet at school.
121. I can still name the most popular dinosaurs from the Triassic period.
122. I have a pen pal in Cyprus.
123. I’m scared to order new food from a menu in case I don’t like it.
124. I am part of a bowling league.
125. My nickname is Buttons.
126. I have never been to a hospital.
127. My favorite book growing up was the dictionary.
128. I love visiting museums.
129. I am never late.
130. I have never broken a bone.
131. I have never seen a shooting star.
132. I have visited two other countries.
133. I cry every time I watch The Lion King.
A List of the Best Two Truths and a Lie Examples
Games you can play in the car or at family get-togethers are the best, and two truths and a lie definitely fits the bill. You don’t need fancy equipment, just a pen and paper, a sharp mind, and a smooth-talking attitude.
Not only will you learn more about your friends and family, but you will also improve your skills of observation. This list is a great start, but the options for lies are endless.
So, give two truths and lie a try and fib your way to laughter and connection.